Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
|Home / Education||Print Recommend us|
A student needs to complete FAFSA (or Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to receive financial aid toward their education advancements in college. After your application is processed by the Department of Education, further information (or instructions) on your aid are provided to you. Here are some tips that should help you complete the FAFSA worry-free:
- complete the FAFSA as early as possible (1st of each year) as the aid is awarded first-come first-served basis.
- estimate your tax information before you have your tax returns completed
- write explanation for any of your special financial situation (if this is not reflected or you think it cannot be adequately reflected alone on the application)
- Keep the following information handy:
- Your driver’s license or state-issued identification card
- Your social security card
- Alien Registration (Green Card), if applicable
- Sources and amounts of income earned. Have latest W2 forms handy. If you have federal income tax returns completed, you may use that. But don’t wait for completion of the taxes to complete your application. Estimate, if you don’t have completed tax returns.
- your bank statement(s)
- Business-related documents
- Records of stocks, bonds and investments
- Records of child support paid
- Records of untaxed income
- Fill the application exactly as it appears on your documents. For instance, provide your full name as it appears on your social security card versus your nick name.
- Have the federal school code(s) for each college you want to attend. See http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/FOTWWebApp/FSLookupServlet for more information
Below are some select federal school codes for schools in Maryland. Please see the Department of Education's website for up-to-date information.
|School name||Location||Federal school code|
|Aaron’s Academy of Beauty||Waldorf||030649|
|All-State Career School||Baltimore||034933|
|Allegany College of Maryland||Cumberland||002057|
|Baltimore International College||Baltimore||016376|
|Bowie State University||Bowie||002062|
|Carroll Community College||Westminster||031007|
|Coppin State University||Baltimore||002068|
Laugh a little with these jokes
1. She is obese if you know the clue. She needs to apply her makeup using a paint roller.
2. Wife: I feel apathy today. Husband: who cares?
3. Why did not a wrestler want to fly in an airplane? He thought the airplane did not have any muscles to lift him.
Rate this post
As part of ongoing efforts to improve this blog, please consider rating this page. Please tell us and other readers about the overall usefulness of this page to you. Please note multiple rating attempts for the same page are not permitted. Only one rating is allowed per visitor per page.
Also worth exploring on GiantPile
Random educational tips
1. Start early on your class work. Realize when you start and stop is in your control. I recall a quote from my Calculus I instructor's syllabus: Study now, enjoy later. Or, enjoy now, suffer later. I think it is very true. So start early.
2. If you have to answer questions on a particular reading, it is helpful to read the questions first. By having read the questions, you will have a better idea of what to look for in the reading.