Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
|Home / Education||Print Recommend us|
A student needs to complete FAFSA (or Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to receive financial aid toward their education advancements in college. After your application is processed by the Department of Education, further information (or instructions) on your aid are provided to you. Here are some tips that should help you complete the FAFSA worry-free:
- complete the FAFSA as early as possible (1st of each year) as the aid is awarded first-come first-served basis.
- estimate your tax information before you have your tax returns completed
- write explanation for any of your special financial situation (if this is not reflected or you think it cannot be adequately reflected alone on the application)
- Keep the following information handy:
- Your driver’s license or state-issued identification card
- Your social security card
- Alien Registration (Green Card), if applicable
- Sources and amounts of income earned. Have latest W2 forms handy. If you have federal income tax returns completed, you may use that. But don’t wait for completion of the taxes to complete your application. Estimate, if you don’t have completed tax returns.
- your bank statement(s)
- Business-related documents
- Records of stocks, bonds and investments
- Records of child support paid
- Records of untaxed income
- Fill the application exactly as it appears on your documents. For instance, provide your full name as it appears on your social security card versus your nick name.
- Have the federal school code(s) for each college you want to attend. See http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/FOTWWebApp/FSLookupServlet for more information
Below are some select federal school codes for schools in Maryland. Please see the Department of Education's website for up-to-date information.
|School name||Location||Federal school code|
|Aaron’s Academy of Beauty||Waldorf||030649|
|All-State Career School||Baltimore||034933|
|Allegany College of Maryland||Cumberland||002057|
|Baltimore International College||Baltimore||016376|
|Bowie State University||Bowie||002062|
|Carroll Community College||Westminster||031007|
|Coppin State University||Baltimore||002068|
Laugh a little with these jokes
1. A guest visits an Indian family:
Guest: I am really full I don't want to eat anything.
Host: Why don't you eat the leftover rotis (breads) otherwise we would have to feed those to a dog.
2. In some countries, the difference between thieves and police officers is only uniforms.
3. While doing it wrong is punishable by a fine, doing well is punishable by a tax.
Rate this post
As part of ongoing efforts to improve this blog, please consider rating this page. Please tell us and other readers about the overall usefulness of this page to you. Please note multiple rating attempts for the same page are not permitted. Only one rating is allowed per visitor per page.
Also worth exploring on GiantPile
Random educational tips
1. Is library your friend? It should be. Learn to do your research in your school library. Chances are you will find more accurate and complete information in the library than what you will find on the internet. This does not mean you should not use internet but just don't forget to use the physical library as well.
2. If you want a flexible learning option, consider taking an online class. With online learning, you hardly have to leave your office or home while the class could be offered by a school hundreds of miles away from you. Not all classes require attendance at a specific time so there is the flexibility of attending the class whenever you have time. But keep in mind online learning is not meant for everyone because it works best for those who are eager to learn independently (outside of the class).